Tuesday 1 February 2011

New Drawings

Thee new drawings are done on heavyweight A4 paper using gouache,coloured paper, glue and correction fluid. They're obviously very sculptural and when I'm looking at them I desperately have the need to make them into 3d. This throws up the questions about cost, scale, materials etc and as I've no studio at the moment I'm a bit stuck for space. I'm thinking that they're going to get made on a very smale scale using 'craft' materials (so I can sit at my dining room table and make them, and put them away afterwards). I may make a kind of gallery, as in a cardboard box, so I can play with them and decided how I would curate them if they were 'real' and if I'd got somewhere 'proper' to 'show' them, which I haven't. But the idea of making this is really exciting and if it means that can mess around with cardboard, glue and paint then I'm happy. Yay! Even the thought of going to the craft shop is exciting me!

No comments: